A Senior Software Engineer in web development is required to lead a development team of 2 frontend and 3 backend engineers at Qpercom. The successful candidate will develop QA policies and procedures and use technology to enhance software products to meet the requirements of clients and prospective clients.
This is a full-time remote role working within Qpercom’s small team of developers, project managers, sales & marketing staff and administrators. We offer flexible working patterns but our team is generally online for daily standup meetings and other video calls during the GMT/BST timezone used in Ireland, where the company was founded.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Software Development but at the higher end, more difficult problems and tasks
• Help in delegation of technical work and understanding of tasks to team members
• Assist in estimation, task planning and scheduling
• Quality Assurance throughout the platform and project lifecycles with the assistance of technology such as TDD (Test Driven Development), E2E (End-to-End) testing and human Testing
• Promote higher coding standards (SOLID principles), ensure clean code and TDD from the outsource teams
• Go to person on technical questions problems for the team
• Mentor junior software engineers
• Ensure the team is delivering high quality and performant code (PR code reviews)
• Identify code faults, implement code improvements and refactoring or architectural improvements with the platform assisting CSA (Chief Software Architect)
• Involved in Research & Development projects with CSA
• Stay on the leading edge of development practices
Qualifications & Experience:
• Extensive knowledge in the IT industry with at least 5 years of experience and technically driven
• Up to date with the latest and greatest technologies mainly in web applications
• Computer science bachelor’s degree or relevant technical field essential
• Strong computer problem solving and engineering skills
• Strong supervisory/ leadership skills in technology
• Cloud Service Provider experience e.g. AWS, Rackspace or Azure
• Familiarity with deployment technologies and tools such Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes (container technologies) or Jenkins
• Programming language fundamentals
• Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux specifically Bash/Shell commands
• Experience working with databases preferably MySQL, MongoDB
• Good communication skills especially important when dealing with engineers where English would not be the first language.
• Good understanding of internet and networking protocols e.g. HTTP, WebSockets, TCP/IP
• Work from home opportunities
• Private medical/dental insurance
• Flexible working hours
• Education reimbursement
• Company events & social hours
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary.
How to Apply
To apply for our Senior Software Developer role, please send your CV, cover letter and a link to your GitHub Profile (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an open role that we are currently still accepting applications for until filled.