This statement applies to Qpercom
We want as many people as possible to be able to use our web application. We are always working to make our web application as accessible and usable as possible. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Navigate most of the web application using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the web application using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the web application using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also tried to make the web application text easy to understand.
How accessible our web application is
We know that our web application is WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 Level A compliant and 1 criterion short of Level AA compliance:
- Zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen https://wcag.com/designers/1-4-1-reflow/
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Following an audit conducted by Ten10 on the 15th of July 2023 with suggested improvements and retesting, we now meet the WCAG version 2.1 Level A standard and are working towards meeting the Level AA standard by December 2023.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on our web application in a different format, like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please: contact our team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider your request and aim to reply within 20 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with our web application
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of our web application. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact the website team:
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29th of August 2023