Qpercom is currently looking to recruit an Application Support Engineer primarily to maintain and monitor the existing Qpercom application, provide technical support and customer care.
The position is work remotely only, however, team day events (daily stand-ups) and ‘live’ meeting attendance is required once every 3-4 weeks. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a talented team in a challenging learning environment using the latest and greatest technologies and tools.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with providing a high level of service and application support experience to our clients in accordance with SLAs and expected resolution times under the supervision of the support lead.
- Assist with providing support for in-house applications used across the Qpercom departments and external outsourcing teams.
- Assist Infrastructure Engineer with deploying the application and to carry out smoke testing on the deployment to make sure all is in order.
- Scheduling software update windows with the client.
- Handling application support queries from clients (tech or user related) on a daily basis through web-chat, support mail inbox, troubleshooting and escalating if not possible to resolve in front-office support.
- Logging and chasing support tickets through our Atlassian Jira issue tracking system.
- Providing remote & on-site support for clients (if requested by client) on examination days that includes application user related queries, exam setup advise, monitoring examination results in realtime and monitoring cloud logs & metrics.
- Maintenance of hardware devices for on-site exam support.
- Regular load and performance testing of application.
- Monitoring applications and underlying infrastructure on cloud service provider in terms of availability, health and latency (global spread of clients).
- Maintenance of virtual servers, container and application related services.
- High level security (Pen) testing.
- Manage production incidents; troubleshoot the issue/bring service back online and prevent them from recurring. Write incident reports.
- Document application support standard operating procedures.
- Client database management, archiving, pruning and reporting. Internal reports and reports for clients.
- Perform analyses on the pre-releases of the application and new functionality and suggest improvements.
- Maintaining Qpercom application minimum and recommended technical requirements documents to be shared with clients and users.
Provide technical expertise to and support service to clients
Maintain strong relationships with our clients through providing quality support
Troubleshoot issues reported by clients within our assessment solutions
Demonstrate the technical features of our assessment solutions to best suit individual client needs
Advise clients on best practice and how to get the most from our assessment solutions
Use experience gained from client support to contribute to the continuous improvement of our assessment solutions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Computer science bachelor’s degree or relevant technical field essential.
- Cloud Service Provider experience e.g. AWS, Rackspace or Azure.
- Proficiency with scripting languages for automating repetitive tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux specifically Bash/Shell commands.
- Sufficient knowledge of the most popular operating systems & versions, devices and web browsers.
- Experience working with databases preferably MySQL, MongoDB.
- Understanding of internet and networking protocols e.g. http, WebSockets, TCP/IP.
- Good verbal and written English language and overall communication & people skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Work from home.
- Health Cover (Employee Group Scheme).
- Home working environment assistance and workstation or laptop provided.
- Education reimbursement.
Company events & social hours.
Flexible working hours.
- Dedicated exam day support may be required outside of the Qpercom working schedule for clients varying timezones.
Good team player with collaborative approach
Good attention to detail
Ability to quickly create and maintain working relationships while also being able to work alone and deal with ambiguity
Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
To apply for our Application Support Engineer role, please send your application email, CV and GitHub profile to email@example.com with the following e-mail address CC’d: David Cunningham, Co-founder/COO firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an open role that we are currently still accepting applications for until filled.