Qpercom’s latest product release includes a new series of enhancements, generated from ongoing product development and client collaboration. We have also rebranded OMIS to Qpercom Observe – Observe is now a feature in our product suite, Qpercom. Our suite of Advanced Assessment Solutions includes Qpercom Choice (MCQ & EMQs), Qpercom Recruit (MMIs), Qpercom Entrust (EPAs), and more to come.
When is the product release happening?
- It will roll-out Sunday 16th of July, 2017, with a downtime window from 20:00 to 23:00 GMT.
What enhancements are in this product release?
- Early warning system, SMS sent to support team/assigned assistants for red flags and divergence scores during assessments
- Improved taxonomy with assessment form tagging to assist you with filtering and categorisation
- Improved clarity of circuit label and colour in all sections of assessment tool
- Improved highlighting of items marked on assessment form whilst scoring
- It is now possible to attach station notes/instructions to student’s feedback
- All system wide popups now open as tabs for better visibility and security. All additional (or orphan) tabs are logged out when you log out
- It is now possible to download feedback (.zip) rather than sending it in the student feedback facility
- New option in student feedback facility giving you the ability to clone an email template, replacing the previous template limit
- New assessment auto configuration setting for examiners assigned to stations. When examiner logs in on the day of assessment, they are presented with suggested configuration settings that they can choose from. They are no longer required to manually configure the OSCE and can go straight to assessment
- New OSCE setting to place feedback field above or below assessment form section
- New percentage checkbox giving you the option to include/exclude percentage scores from raw results tab in the analysis section
- New OSCE rules tab in analysis screen that allows you to enable detection of divergence between multi-examiner scores and configure pass % values per station and much more
- You are required, if you are an administrator, to enter password if you wish to remove students from a group when they already have submitted results for OSCE
- New flagging facility configured from the assessment form builder – you now have the ability to flag certain scores on an item and set compulsory feedback per flag if you so wish. This can be useful for critical or red flag items, for example. To flag an item you must click on the flag icon next to the value you wish to flag. You also have the option to make it compulsory for examiners to provide feedback for a flagged item by editing the section and choosing Flagged Option only for the Compulsory Feedback option. Flagging information also appear in the analysis section as a separate column per station
- Improved progress and status information in student feedback tool
- Feedback tool now remembers what options you had chosen on the options panel if you navigate away from the page or even logout and log back in again
- Useful navigation or ‘jump to’ buttons in the manage sessions, groups, examiners and stations sections e.g last session – next session. These will help you navigate between sections easier
- Qpercom Observe no longer supports Office 2003 Excel formats (.xls), all Excel files are now exported in the standard Open XML format (.xlsx)
- Multi-examiner results (1 assessment form per station can either be aggregated or weighted, see new rule in rules tab of analysis section)
- In assessment tool, station notes link moved within station name and link available when station notes are available, otherwise station name does not appear as a link if no station notes are attached to an assessment form
- Label changes and menu rearrangement – there are some label changes which you will notice with the latest update. Station bank has been renamed assessment form bank to represent station assessment forms (as opposed to a station within OSCE sessions which has extra information in addition to the form included such as duration, order number and pass mark), manage/import examiners has been re-labelled manage/import exam team and manage/import student course and modules has been moved to sit under the students menu option as it relates to student management and categorisation in Qpercom Observe
- Visual alarms for the countdown timer – when setting up your stations you now have the ability to add up to 2 visual alarms to aid examiners. For example, in a 10 minute station you can set the clock to flash at 7 mins and 4 mins as a reminder for an examiner to ask a question or relay certain instructions to students at those times. The clock will flash amber for 10 seconds at each alarm set
- Station radar plot in individual student results section now reverts to a bar chart if number of results are less than 3
- New OSCE setting to allow the order of the students in the groups to be preserved during assessment, i.e. not ordered by how they should appear at each station
- Optional text scaling adjustment in exam configuration (improved web accessibility) – you can set text size in assessment to one that suits them by toggling the setting, default is ‘medium’
- New connectivity status indicator for assessment tool (bottom left) that informs whether connection is Online or Offline. In the case it switches to Offline then you will be locked within assessment until connection becomes available again. Once connection is established then you will be able to submit that assessment form and return to the student list to select another student including any that may have been marked on paper in the meantime
- Qpercom Observe now has the the option to add alternative student identifiers (candidate numbers, assessment day IDs) that can appear in place of official identifiers during assessment.
What will be included in the next product release?
- Facility in the analysis tool to combine multiple exams from one or more departments
- Ability to add student to multiple circuits in one assessment
- And more exciting enhancements in development…
- Contact us at email@example.com